Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Photoshop Image Adjustments

Before

After
This is an old family photo showing me (in the pink!), my older sister, and three of my younger cousins. The water and the bright sun added tons of overexposure and hid some details, so I adjusted these using levels and the shadows/highlights window. I also brightened the photo up and used the Replace Color tool on some of the water to get a cool blue effect behind the focus.

Before
After
This is another, older photo of my sister and cousin. I altered the levels a bit to remove the strong green effect over the photo. I also adjusted some shadows in the shadows/highlights window, so more details would show through. It's remarkable how much hidden information a photo carries in the shadows, especially in older photos such as these. I also had a little fun by intensifying the red hues on Mr. Magneto's helmet and Miss Viking's sweet wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment